Saturday, December 8, 2007

And so it begins. . .

My first day needle felting I broke five needles. All at the same time. Then I needled using one needle at a time and broke three more over the next week.
Every now and then, just before the wool is gone, I wish for a little lamb. I told my husband he wouldn't have to mow the lawn if we had a lamb. He loves to mow the lawn and work in the gardens. He is the artist, he would deny it. He is though, the flowers are the brushes. The earth is his canvas and he is the tool. He moves huge stones and rocks to build landscapes. The grass is so green. But there is no room here for a lamb. I wonder do lambs shed? I just love wool so much. My youngest daughter has a vision of my lamb being a naked lamb. I envision the little lamb wearing a winter coat that I made myself with matching booties and scarf. Yes, I will work on that. (Needled By Nydam trademark copyright)

No comments: