Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Tool Kit




The toolbox is nice and it helps me to stay organized but the essentials for me are a glove and a needle. Even better than the glove is a piece of suede. An extra pair of glasses helps when I put in the detail. On Christmas Day I made my needles a Cozy. It works well and was easy to make first I needled some wool then I stuffed it into an unused eyeglass case and needled some more. I put the needles in it then put on the cover. Voila!

For me needlefelting is like magic. I never know what will appear until I needle away at the fluffs of wool. I might start off with a general idea but what comes is usually a surprise. I have even tried to duplicate the process and still each wooly has it's own character.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW!

nydampress said...

I like seeing you in the kitchen when you are wearing your magnifying glasses.
Mainly because it reminds me of that scene in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids", where the parents are trying to find their children out in the backyard. Remember? They were hanging from hammocks and combing through the grass.

Anyways, love the sneak peek :)

Lyz said...

Looks a bit like welding tools. Yikes. That's some ferocious felting.

By the way...I have a blog,now, too! All the cool kids are doing it.

www.modern-dayjane.blogspot.com